Re: Re The BORG view of sexuality

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Liesel tarquini wrote:
> --- Black Draver <marquee at knology_net> wrote:

> > anxiously awaiting the sequel to the matrix.
>
> which begs the question, could it, will it live up to the first?

It will either be _The Empire Strikes Back_ (bold! better! makes such an
indispensable contribution to the series that we can no longer imagine the
series without it!) or _Back to the Future Part II_ (better effects! the
storyline prolonged! and, um, that's about it!), I guess.

I'm sticking, there, to sequels that had cliffhanger endings and were
consciously done as part of larger trilogies.  That would rule out other
sequels that were arguably better than the original films, and were
complete in their own right, like _Aliens_ and _The Godfather Part II_ --
those films were *not* made with any particular third film in mind.

> i can't wait to see the sequel, but at the same time am a bit
> apprehensive...

If I'm not mistaken, the Wachowskis supposedly had a trilogy in mind
before they made the first film, so the sequels *should* be better thought
out than most sequels are.  Then again, George Lucas said he had an entire
saga in mind when he made the original _Star Wars_, and that didn't make
_Return of the Jedi_ or _The Phantom Menace_ particularly good.