king's x (no otr)

Wow... all the King's X talk had me pulling my one King's X CD off the
shelf-- the self-titled CD, and listening to it now, I'd forogtten how
much I dug those guys. "Lost in Germany," and "Chariot Song" are both
outstanding.
I was rather proud of Doug Pinnick, btw, for coming out, but then was
disappointed that he ended up rejecting everything about Christianity
b/c of that. I mean I can understand why-- it's just sad-- there are so
many Christians (like yrs truly) who have no problem with
homosexuality., and who actually think it's as good and godly a
sexuality as heterosexuality is.

Ahhh, but I guess he did what he had to do. Not having to be in his
shoes, I find it hard to imagine how I'd cope. He's black _and_ gay
_and_ the lead singer of a heavy metal band. Whew. I'm geting an ulcer
just thinking about it, and I haven't even piled on the judgement coming
his way from "Heaven's Metal" magazine...
I hope he's doing okay.

-John

np- King's X: King's X
--
"The market is the reason our housing is so expensive. It is the reason