Re: my diatribe about concept and thematic albums and recommendations therein

Kevin wrote:
>> echolyn _Suffocating the Bloom_ is also
>> hard to find.  they released it indie,
>
> actually got one of the indies of this.
> I assume it is: Bridge records?
> Didn't know it was so hard to find.
> Tis a great disc.

yep, Bridge Records.  yep, hard to find.
yep, great disc.

> -> King's X _Gretchen Goes to Nebraska_
>
> One of my faves. Haven't been blown away by any
> since Sam Taylor left though.
> There's been some great moments but man, those first
> few discs...

Sam Taylor was a bad man.  he screwed all of his bands
out of serious money.  was way too controlling.
Galactic Cowboys' _At the End of the Day_ and _Let it
Go_ were close to what Sam produced with _Space in
Your Face_

with KX, the new one _Manic Moonlight_ is great... and
_Dogman_ is a classic great CD.  i enjoy all of the
post-Sam Taylor CDs... FHL and OOTSP (from the Sam
era) kinda bore me, to some extent.  they don't date
all too well... kinda high on the 80s cheese in spots,
IMO. _KX4_ ain't bad in the Sammy era...

just a phase,
Dan

np: incubus - morning view