RE: Rush...{was:Newbie with a question...}

Title: RE: Rush...{was:Newbie with a question...}

>**********
>Rush has been my favorite for years and years as well.  When I became a
>Christian, I was told I had to rid myself of all that demon
>music, so I kind
>of got out of Rush for a long time.  I've just recently
>started the rebuild
>(good music to code by).
>**********
>
>Interesting comment. Did you recognize it as "demon music"
>yourself, or was
>it pointed out to you by someone else? Was Rush singled out
>specifically, or
>did you just have to stay away from long-haired rock-and-roll types in
>general?

I myself didn't recognize it as such.  But of course I was so spiritually naive at the time.....(If you are hearing Steve Taylor I Want to be a Clone in the background you get the drift).  There was some of both as far as singling out and just general "all rock music is of the devil".  I made the mistake of telling some of the people that if God was a trinity it was Rush.  All the things and feelings they attributed to God, I said I also got from Rush, so what else did I need?  Besides the Bible quoted Rush...."the meek shall inherit the earth", or maybe it was Rush quoting the Bible, I can never get that part straight ;-)

>2 or 3 years ago on this very list, the currently-maligned
>Chris Emery and I
>spearheaded an "OTR is prog rock" discussion -- very interesting. There
>are/were lots of Rush and prog fans here.

I would have to vote prog as well.  Especially 2-3 years ago.