From: David Booth
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2001 2:20:13 PM
To: Melanie Shannon; Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com
Subject: Re: here's a question- (otr content!)
I think that most songwriters are thinking of how each song will
affect the other songs on an album. The songs may have been
written for that album, or maybe not. The placement of the tracks
is always intentional, like the storyline of a play, like, perhaps, a
film for radio.
Here's my picks for albums with thematic thru-lines:
U2-Joshua Tree (chapter 1and chapter 2)
Natalie Merchant-Ophelia
Peter Gabriel-OVO (that's kind of obvious)
Radiohead-OK Computer
this is just off the top of my head...I'm new around here
David Booth