cook county

I'm apparently from the same place as Mike (where do you live?), and the only time I had jury duty, I went for one day, and literally not one person in the whole room even got interviewed.  It was a waste of a day, but I got a lot of work done, and met some cool people that I wouldn't normally ever talk to. So maybe it wasn't a waste.  I think this system makes more sense than making people come for a whole week or two.  One day can always be spared... (especially when it's a day away from my second graders, and it doesn't count against my sick days)