Re: jury duty

In a message dated 10/9/2001 8:43:27 AM Central Daylight Time, lieselmarietarquini at yahoo_com writes:

how does jury duty work w/ regards to pay while you're
away from work...does the court pay you, does one's
employers have to pay anyways, or what?  because if
you make the same amount, well can you volunteer for
jury duty?  i wouldn't mind a week or two out of the
office.

btw, likethequiche:  likethename -- you clever boy!

Well, in Cook County, IL (Chicago and some surrounding suburbs), they have transitioned to the one day, one trial system.  That means that you come for only one day and risk being chosen for a jury.  If you don't then you're done until you get called again.  If you're as lucky as I have been, then you're in for the long haul.

Oh, and the name is a 'Swingers' reference.  If you'd like I can explain further upon request.

Mike