Re: Suggestion.

Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> On 10/10/01 11:53 AM, quoth the effervescent biglight at pacbell_net at
> biglight at pacbell_net:
>

>>Or should we have a moderator? I have no problems with that. I nominate
>>Don Smith or Ysobelle.
>>

> Oh, I don't know about that. I may be well spoken, but I don't know that
> I speak for the list. I think I'd rather be the Lorax, and speak for the
> Trees.

The two of you came to mind because you've both been listees for a very
long time, and because you both seem to have level heads.

> Having said that, I DO run a discussion list, which is dormant right now.
> I'm willing to open it up to everyone here. Be warned, however, that I AM
> the Moderatrix, and I DO wield the Spatula of Divine Retribution, and I
> WILL get Renaissance on your butt if I so feel the need. If you'd like to
> join in, just send a blank email to tangentland-subscribe at eGroups_com.

That's not a bad idea... those of us that want to discuss non-OTr
content could sign up to both lists and use Ysobelle's for non-OTR, and
we could encourage newbies who post non-OTR content on the OTR list to
move their thread to the other list. At the very least, if those of us
who like to post often with non-OTR stuff (which is most of us who post
often...) joined Yosobelle's list, it'd relieve the OTR list of a lot of
traffic and cut down on non-OTR content as well as respecting what OTR
are all about.

Okay-- so I propose we vote-- if enough of us want to sign up to
Ysobelle's list, (I don't know what *enough* is) and use that list for
non-OTR content, then we shall. It won't work unless enough of us do it
though.

So: I'm in. That's 1 in favor.

The polls are open.

-John

--
In the electoral campaign, President Bush named as the most important

  -  Slavoj Zizek, "Welcome To The Desert Of The Real II: Reflections on
WTC"