Re: Rhapsodie Redux

yzzi wrote:

> I think that's more or less the slant of the entire song: "I love you, but
>  understand that I do not own you." That those things that we are afraid of
> in
>  relationships are probably things we don't yet understand, but could learn
>  from.  That sometimes, the best thing we can do for someone we love is to
>  recognise that maybe we're not the right person for them, and that no
matter

>  how much we love, we can't chain.

oh, OUCH!

the last time i dragged chuck to an otr show (december in pittsburgh, before
he and i broke up), i was talking to linford prior to the show.  i asked them
if they were going to play "rhapsodie," for i was learning that song
specifically to play/sing it at my wedding reception, and he said that they
hadn't been planning on it, but that he would do what he could.

even though chuck didn't appreciate otr at all, when they played that song,
and karin sang, i think he got it.  for once, he got it.

*sigh*  too bad a few months later he dropped it.  and you know, in the words
of amanda marshall in regards to him, "you know, i don't really miss you.  i
just need to know do you ever think of you and i...?"

i have a feeling rhapsodie, although lovely and one of my favorite songs of
all time, will be one i have a hard time listening to live for a long while.

ps, mark, i won't be at the taft show, either.  choir rehearsal in pittsburgh
until 5:00pm is not conducive to making an 8:00 show.  heck, rush hour alone
would make that drive impossibly long!  so, another christmas show i miss.
have fun without me, all.