Re: Various (No OTR, some religion)

--- Hazel410 at aol_com wrote:

> I'm sincerely curious (but I'm probably going to
> word this badly): this
> sounds to me like you only want them to see one
> point of view: Yours.  Which
> would imply that you're "right" and a part-owner of
> the "Truth."

Why do people have so much trouble with someone who
feels deeply and believes something with a conviction
that enables them to say "I know this is true"?
I'm constantly hearing "tolerate this group...tolerate
that group" while "my people" are typically subjected
to prejudicial, stereotypical statements such as:

  >  Smacks a bit of saying "Here, put on these these
> blinders, and only look in
> this direction, and everything will look so much
> nicer!!!"

That's simplistic, unfair, and hardly follows...

> Why not ask God (pray, if
> you want to define it that way) to talk to them
> directly, so that their faith
> isn't dependant upon your (human/falliable) view of
> Him/Her?  Wouldn't that
> be more convincing all around?

I'm taking that at face value, as a serious question.
God could certainly do that if He wished.  However,
for reasons beyond my capacity to grasp, He chooses us
to be conduits of his love/grace/plan...
We Christians actually beleive that we are commanded
to "talk to them directly" as He provides opportunity.

However, I think I understand your sentiment.  It has
a lot to do with tact, timing, and all that stuff.

Not trying to be argumentative...just responsive.

Kelvin
King of ellipses...

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."