Re: Mum, what's a Pagan?

on 9/25/01 3:31 AM, Over-The-Rhine Digest at Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com
wrote:

> But describing a ritual without putting it in context doesn't convey the
> real meaning of it. There's a lot of info out there on Paganism that
> doesn't make all Pagans sound like loons. (Not that some of them aren't
> loons, but they're usually good friends, and I know they'd be loons were
> they Pagans, Buddhists, or Seventh-Day Adventists.)
>
> Try:
<snipped links>

Thanks for the links--I've been needing a good recommendation and a kick in
the butt! ;)

And I second what you said about taking a ritual out of context. Think about
someone telling you about converting wine and bread into someone's body and
blood *without context*...ewww.

--
Peace to all,
~tab

"Nothin' much here but our broken dreams...
Nothin' is ever quite what it seems. And I'm dyin' inside to leave you with
more than just cliches...
I just don't have much left to say. They've taken their toll, these latter
days."  ~Over the Rhine, Latter Days