"Blessed Be."/"My Momma Sami..."

Wow. Are people touchy around here or what?

~Seem to be.

Maybe it's just me, but I happen to think that unless
the Creator
Him/Herself comes down to earth and sticks a billboard
up yer butt, no
one here knows "the Truth" down to the last detail. I
don't, you don't,
and Jerry Fallwell sure as hell doesn't. What's
important is that we
recognise that what works for one person may not work
for us, but that
doesn't give us the right to trample on or speak
disrespectfully of
someone else's beliefs. And yes, I know that some
Christians believe
it's
impossible for anyone else to actually be right in
regards to religion
(I
don't mean that to sound bitchy but I'm unsure how
else I could
possibly
put it), but at least on this list, it would be nice
if we could at
least
maintain the illusion of acceptance for all. Unlike
the UK, this
country
follows (in theory, at least) a policy of religious
freedom, not mere
religious tolerance.

~I agree...I didn't realize that I was being
disrespectful of another's beliefs...for that I am
TRULY sorry! I hate it when I get dogged for being a
Christian that practices Wicca, so I can relate. I
actually thought that I was the one being
attacked...felt that way, anyway. Funny how the
perspective changes depending on where you're
standing!
And, no, I don't believe that if Jesus isn't your
"main man" you are necessarily "wrong" or "evil".

In other words, arguing who's right and who's wrong is
about as useful
as
arguing about when my manager's going to piss me off
again.

~* Hey...did you get your schedule straightened out?
That would piss me off, too!

Eventually,
we'll all find out (I promise to post the results;
anyone want to start
pool?), but until then, the snapping and sniping
accomplishes nothing
and
merely raises the dander of the list, making everyone
allergic to
dander
sneeze.

~*AAAAAAAACCCHHHOOOOO!!!

Posting a private email on a public list
is...er...very bad form.

~* Okay, is there a "statute of limitations" on
pushing the wrong button BY MISTAKE?!! Do I HAVE to
keep apologizing? I've learned my lesson, BELIEVE
ME!!!
Is there any forgiveness to be had?

I don't know who Marsha is, either, but having met
Jason, I'm sure
she's
a very striking individual.

I don't think the Pagans _own_ the phrase "Blessed
Be," but it is
pretty
much a subtle identifier for most of my Pagan friends.
I have strong
Wiccan sympathies, and I'll use it myself when the
time seems
appropriate, but I rarely see it outside my friends',
er, circles-- no
pun intended.

~*That was pretty funny!I'm a "circle girl", myself.

Blessed Be.
The girl who wishes to be forgiven