RE: Chauncey 2

y'all are just SSSTTTTRRRRRAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGGEE!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Lachey [mailto:b_lachey at hotmail_com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 2:33 PM
To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Subject: Chauncey 2

Chauncey fell ill on one night in December.  And how we kinda tried hard
then to cool down her fever.  We started with aspirin, then resorted to the
bathtub full of ice.  Maybe she was a little out of it from the 40 grams of
aspirin in her frail body, or it could have been that Morley Safer spot she
saw the Sunday prior, but she knew she was only going to leave that tub with

one kidney.

She never was the same.  That dull listless look that had driven me crazy
was gone.  I decided to write her some poetry.

Oh Chauncey, Chauncey you're the one
With the wild hair all scraggley and fun
A cooking whiz and not so bad at math either
If you didn't love her then you didn't meet her

My Chauncey, Chauncey makes me laugh
When she's on the river, she prefers a raft
Over a log or a dirty ol' canoe
Oh Chauncey, I'm awfully fond of you