Re: some meetings you just wear shoes

"restless questioner"... that's a good way of describing it. I think one
of the things that makes OTR so good is that the lyrics to songs like
Moth or All I Need is Everything or I Radio Heaven is the fact that
while they speak to the "restless questioner's" personal quest (be it
Linford or Karin), they're not so rigid of an account as to be about
only one quest. I read in it my own quest, my yearnings for some
connection with the Divine, and also my own frustrations with what has
been handed to me as far as spiritual tradition is concerned.
The idea of one's own humanity hindering the quest is definitely a
strong one, and one that also rings true with me.

-John

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"The world suffers
the disfigurement
of honored reciminations
that have made hatreds
holy, consecrated
by the sure coherence
of their impulse,
advertised by headlines
crying peace.
Among persons
alignments are drawn
by the proclivities of which
may be argued
the righteousness of murder"

-Wendell Berry, "The Design of the House: Ideal and Hard Time"