Re: some meetings you just wear shoes

<<Actually, I've been noticing for a while a strong undercurrent in OTR
songs of the meloncholy and of the restless questioner, spiritually
speaking, from Moth ("There's no savior hanging on this cross/It isn't
suffering we fear but loss/This is closer than I ever came/Just a
burning Moth without a flame") to Happy to Be So ("If I try to pray it's
like a game of Red Rover/ I take a real godd run at it, yes I do, but I
can't break through") to I Radio Heaven ("I radio heaven/ I get mixed
signals/I move the antenna/I switch the channels.") I see this as a
constant quest for the, er, real Divine as against that championed by
any one institution. Of cxoruse that could be me reading my own quest
into OTR lyrics. It's happened before.>>

    The restless questioner aspect of Over the Rhine was the primary reason I
was initially attracted to them.  That, and the mystical subversiveness.  I
hate to use such vague wording, but when your strongest impressions are
vague, you sort of have to go with it or not express yourself at all.   Moth
and All I need is Everything are my theme songs, I think.  Neither of them
make an obvious point, but both capture something elusive about my spiritual
experience.  The quest for the real Divine as against that championed by any
one institution is not my interpretation, however.  Who said it's more of a
quest for the real Divine constantly hindered by being human?  That's my
strongest vague impression.

    Peace,
    Samantha