Re: Memento

--- BEric123 at aol_com wrote:
> This may have been discussed before, but has anybody
> seen Memento?

I saw it several months ago in the theatre.  I stayed
home form work today and watched it again.  Then, I
watched it "backwards".  That was enlightening.

> I was curious if anybody had their own theories
> about who Sammy Jankis was
> (was he real or was he Lenny?).

I think he was real.  I believe his case was rea but
Lenny confused his case with Sammy's.  If you
remember, at one point Teddy mentioned Sammy and told
Lenny that his memory of his was faulty because Sammy
was a con artist.

I think this was probably the most clever,imaginative,
well written film I have seen in years.  Definitely my
favorite so far this year.

The director's
> name escapes me, but does
> anyone know what else he's done?

His name is Christopher Nolan.  He also did a film
called "Followers" or something like that.  I'd never
heard of it until I watched the extra features on the
'Memento' dvd.

 Kelvin

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."