Re: Miami Herald

If I may plagiarize something I posted to another list ...

- - -

> Leonard Pitts Jr. (Miami Herald)
> Published Wednesday, September 12, 2001

Yeah, this column's been showing up all over the place.

> Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.

This is the part that disturbs me.  Any reprisals are likely to steel the
other guy's resolve too, so unless we do them wisely and carefully, I'm
worried that our response(s) to this could make things worse.

> When roused, we are righteous in our outrage, terrible in our force.

Why am I reminded of the scene from _Collateral Damage_ where Arnold says,
referring to the terrorist who killed his wife and child, "I'm not like
him," and the terrorist's wife/girlfriend replies, "No, not yet"?

- - -