on our knees

having grown up methodist, we didn't kneel much except for
communion.  but now that i work at and attend an episcopal
church, we kneel for certains prayers every sunday.  there
is definitely something powerful about the position; i
guess along with instilling a sort of reverence for God it
also invites the body into the praying as well.  akin to
the lotus position, etcetera.  this morning at church we
did the great litany from the book of common prayer, and as
much as i'm a fumbling sort of christian, i was deeply
moved by the breadth and depth of the prayer and how it
touched on so many of our needs in this utterly insane
time.  its a long prayer, and we did the whole dang thing
on our knees.  i guess i would not have felt that i was
putting my whole self into it if i were seated comfortably
or even standing.  i don't really have much of a point
other than to say that kneeling can be a good thing (unless
one does have personal conflicts with doing so).  that and
to let you all know that everyone on this list has
certainly been in my prayers along with all the others
affected by the tragedy.  as tennyson said, "More things
are wrought by prayer than this world dreams, wherefore let
thy voice rise up like a fountain day and night."....
peace,
-=katherine=-

=====
šIt is the nature of love to create, and no matter what we do to creation, that love is still there, creating; in you, in me.š
          **Madeleine LŽEngle**