Re: None of you have a heart, do you?

hi anita,

Re: None of you have a heart, do you?

yikes!  that's pretty hateful.  i don't think it's
very kind or compassionate.  i also don't think it's
accurate.

> Not a single soul who read my post felt any need to
> offer any sort
> of understanding for what might be actually sort of
> painful for me...

that's kinda quick to judge, eh?  in fact, most people
seemed pretty angry with seemingly insensitive posts
and were sending and reading for new information
concerning the problems and people who have our
prayers and thoughts.

as for sending emails to you or all individually to
each other, perhaps that's a lot to expect.
especially when everyone is working to keep things
going and of course spending time with and for loved
ones.

> Everyone is someone's son or daughter, sister,
> brother, wife, husband...
> their religious beliefs or cultural differences or
> life circumstances
> or even crimes...in NO WAY makes the loss of their
> life any less
> mourned by those that loved them.  I may feel it was
> right and just,
> but I won't be HAPPY about it.

i think you explained this really well--i agree.

> I will give you that I really expected to hear
> something from or about
> my friends by now, and that I am more stressed and
> upset
> because I have not....

i'm sorry and pray you'll hear soon.

> .. but I can't tell you how distraught I am at how
> cold and analytical
> you all seem to be...
>
> I may not always be *this* emotional... and I
> appreciate a good intellectual
> or philosophical debate as much as the next person,
> but I hope I never lack compassion...

they're not mutually exclusive.  i think sometimes the
reason we keep talking about one thing or another is
to stay connected--that connection to people is one
reason why it's so hard to loose so many.  i also
sometimes feel like i can't verbalize it all--or even
much--the knot in my tummy hasn't gone away, but what
has come out of me verbally has been all i have for
now.

to share, i'm lately relieved about my best friend of
11 years (lives and works in manhattan).  she's okay.
boy did we talk forever.

-j. marie