Re: First and final word.

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Chris Emery wrote:
>
> > An interesting etymological note:  the word "tragedy" comes to us, via
> > middle english and latin, from the greek "tragoidia", literally "goat
> > song"
> >
> > That's my well-researched conclusion for the day.
>
> Seriously, it bugs me how often the word "tragic" gets thrown around
> in situations like this.  I'm not convinced it's anything of the kind.
> Unless you postulate America as the hero whose tragic flaw brings
> about his own demise.  But I don't think that's what anyone means.

trag·ic (trjk)

adj.

1.Relating to or characteristic of dramatic tragedy or tragedies: tragic
plays; the tragic hero.

2. Writing or performing in tragedy: a tragic poet.

3. Having the elements of tragedy; involving death, grief, or destruction:
a tragic accident.

it is tragic.

people died.

people got hurt.

what more do you need to define the even as tragic,

i think i missed something here.

rhys

--
go away, or i will replace you with a very small shell script.