Re: crawling out from the corner

In a message dated 9/3/01 4:13:28 PM Central Daylight Time, Angealika at aol_com
writes:

<< > now i'm curious about what everyone's reading?   >>

I think we just did this not too long ago but since current reads are always
new I'm game again.

nr:
Anne Lamott/Traveling Mercies
Peter Kreeft/Making sense out of suffering
The New Religious Humanists/ editor Gregory Wolfe
Legend compilation, specifically Stephen King/ The Dark Tower - Little
Sisters of Eluria (a prequel novella to the Dark Tower series)
Eleanor Cameron: The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet (3rd read)
Philip Comfort: The Quest for the Original Text of the New Testament

For years I used to only read one at a time, then I moved on to one non-fic
and one fic. Lately I've taken to reading a few at a time. Probably too much
television (movies) and I can't focus on one thing long enough to finish it!

Finished in the last month or so:
Philip Comfort/Early Manuscripts and Modern Translations
Charles de Lint/Jack of Kinrowan (2nd time through)
Jerry Lucky/The Progressive Rock Files
Rupert Loydell/Timbers Across the Sun
Paul Tillich/The Eternal Now (well, the first few essays anyway)
Mike Hertenstein: The Double Vision of Star Trek
George Macdonald: The Golden Key
George Macdonald:The Light Princess
Kathleen Norris: The Cloister Walk
Bitch-In Praise of Difficult Women/Elisabeth Wurtzel
Jonathan Carroll/ The Wooden Sea

Up next in no particular order and subject to change:
John Crowley/Engine Summer (2nd read)
Myth, Allegory and Gospel/ various authors on Lewis, Tolkien, Chesterton and
Williams
Mark Helprin/Winter's Tale
Anne Tyler: Saint Maybe
Tom Robbins (something - any suggestions?)
Flannery O'conner:A Proper Scaring/Jill Pelaez Baumgaertner
The Harmony Within:The Spiritual Vision of George Macdonald
Bruce Metzger: the Text of the New Testament
Dorothy Day/The Long Lonliness
Chesterton/Saint Francis of Assisi
Things in Heaven and Earth:Exploring the Supernatural / Harold Fickett editor