Re: current listenings?

In a message dated 8/31/01 5:12:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
derekac001 at hotmail_com writes:

<< Mother Earth's THe People Tree >>

wow, haven't heard that name in a while. I had some friends years ago who
named thier band Mother Earth having no idea the name was already in use.
They took it from the Hendrix line where he uses the phrase "new mother
earth". I was with the drummer in a record shop (yea, before CD's) and ran
across a couple of their albums.. Talk about a bummed drummer! Before that
he, like the rest of us at that time, was just a *burnt out* drummer. Anyway,
he picked up one and found they were a pretty good band.

kevin

"I find television very educating. Every time
somebody turns on the set, I go into the other
room and read a book."
                                                            -Groucho Marx