Re: Macs, etc

on 8/29/01 5:43 PM, Over-The-Rhine Digest at Owner-Over-The-Rhine at ActWin_com
wrote:

> Woo-Hoo-woot!
> Other non-windows-empire people out there?
> Mac? BeOS? LINUX? Commodore 64? TRS 80? Amiga? Scitex? Abacus? Slide Rule?
> Loving my Mac G4/406, 1.12 GB Ram, 38 GB HD, 1.7 Terabyte online storage :)
> Okay, it's an NT network, but that's the only ascent to the dark side.

Ok, I've been lurking for a bit, but this brought me out. Why? I'm, not
sure..maybe the feeling that us Mac people are as rare and unique as us OTR
people. Hmmmm..

Anyway, this is a Mac household as well. Hubby was a graphic designer, and
now is a Mac tech. We just got a new-to-us (from ebay, dontcha know) pretty
blue G3, which we adore, to go with our ancient 7200, which is now the
domain of the little one.

Anyway, if you wantto know about me, here goes. I'm Tabitha and I've been
following OTR for, gosh, like 10 years, since a friend of mine in Akron
whose friend was (I think) their first manager or something like that.
Aahhh..memories of the dark and dank Daily Double!

I've been meaning to join the list forever, but until recently, I wa living
in the cultural wasteland called Orlando, FL and I think reading about
people getting to see them all the time would have just made me crazy (or
crazier- lol). We did get to see them when they toured with Cowboy Junkies
and played Hard Rock at universal, though.

So imagine how excited I was to get to go to Hoboken to see them. And, even
considering the transportation hell we went through to get there and
especially back, it was SO worth it. (ok, maybe the cabbie who took us home
for half fare didn't think so, but...) during that show was when they got
the call about Karin's mum, so we only got a one-song encore. I'm so glad to
hear that she's doing better! have been sending healing vibes your way.

So now we live in Montclair, NJ, a beautiful cultural enclave in the midst
of the suburban blandness. I keep myself busy with homeschooling my son
who's 6 and doing freelance proofreading for Random House and hubby, as I
mentioned before, is a Mac techie for RH.

Glad to be here...this looks like a great tight group.

peace,
~tab

"you have to jump/ and a net will appear" ~Over The Rhine, "The Body is a
Stairway of Skin"