Update from Linford

As we walked off stage after our concert in Hoboken, New Jersey, this past
Thursday, we received word that Karin's mother had suffered a serious stroke
and wasn't responding. Because no flights were available, we checked out of
our room in NYC and drove through the night back to Ohio. Upon arrival, we
learned that a brain hemmorage had caused her to lose consciousness.
Fortunately, she had been talking on the phone to a friend when this
occurred, and an emergency crew was able to break into her house, resuscitate
her, and get her to the emergency room. She was then transferred two hours
away to the surgical intensive care unit of a large hospital. The right side
of her body is showing signs of paralysis, but she has begun breathing
without a respirator and the next few weeks will involve a lot of waiting to
see what develops. (Barbara Bergquist is 69 years of age, and Karin is her
only child.)

We are uncertain what will be possible for us this Fall at this point, but we
have canceled some of our August dates so that we can focus on the important
family decisions that will need to be made.

If you would like to send a note of support to Karin in the meanwhile, mail
will be forwarded to her from this address:

Over the Rhine
P.O. Box 12078
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212

We'll post any developments with the band's schedule etc at overtherhine.com.
Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

That's all for now,

Linford