Monk

I also caught the Monk show.  It was great to see Mike Georgin and Josh
Seurkamp play with Ric.  They've started playing with a new group called
"Pay the Girl." I had wondered if they would still play with Monk.  They
add an unbelieveable amount to the sound.  Mike is one of those bass
players that you can tell really enjoys playing.  He helps create quite a
groove.  I also noticed that Josh was playing quite hard.  It was quite a
contrast to times in the past when I've seen him use a gentle touch, even
on a drum kit.

Their set included "Within Without," "Circle of Quite," and "Willoughby."
I get knocked over each time I hear them do the song "Green" (off Quiver).
That is such a beautiful song.  "This Train" was also a highlight, I
really enjoyed the Reggae interlude to the song.

I also enjoy watching Ric haul out all the different guitars he uses.
What a gifted musician.  Over all the evening was well worth the drive
down from Detroit.

Bill Keith

--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools