SMACK IT CINCINNATI! August 8, 2001

Greetings, radio listener.

Just wanted to let you know about the special Smack It Cincinnati coming
this Wednesday, August 8th, 9:00-11:00am at 88.3 on your FM dial. You read
that right folks. TWO hours of mayhem. TWO hours of madness. TWO hours of
unadulterated... magic. Our pal Ryan has taken off for a few weeks of
"honeymoon leave" (CONGRATS, RYAN & KATIE!) and we've overtaken his
programming hour.

This week we have some very special guests joining us in the studio. Karin
and Linford from Cincinnati's own Over the Rhine will be on hand to discuss
their fine new album "Films for Radio", their upcoming show at Southgate
House, and to help Drew and Bruce pimp "WHAT IT TAKES TO PLEASE YOU", our
Over the Rhine tribute CD project, which is about to see the light of day.

I hear you asking yourselves... "Over the Rhine tribute CD project? What
the...?" Welp, the cat's leapt out of the bag and into the frying pan (I
like that old saying). For a few years (!) now, we've been gathering some
"interpretations" of Over the Rhine songs by artists across the country, and
by the end of the month you'll be able to have one of the 2-CD sets in your
grubby little music-loving hands. Proceeds go to Cincinnati's Community
Shares charity, and the CD spans a wide variety of musical styles and
material from the band's career. We'll play a few tracks so you can hear for
yourself what the fuss is about.

To find out the latest on Over the Rhine prior to the show this week, please
visit http://www.overtherhine.com

To gather more information on OUR show, kindly click on
http://drewvogel.com/smack

To see a website that makes me afraid for all of humanity, feel free to see
http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/ (It has music, make sure the sound is
down. But by ALL MEANS visit the "fashion" part of the site.

To read a website that befuddles and doesn't really amuse me, see
http://www.taxi1010.com/stargate14.htm

Slow down, hold still.

Bruce & Drew
SMACK IT CINCINNATI!