RE: Cowboy Junkies suggestions

Mark van Hornsveld wrote:
> OtR will play in Holland in November as a
> support act for Cowboy Junkies. I have heard
> a lot about CJ on this list but have never
> any of their music...
> If I want to familiarize myself with their
> music by buying one of their albums, which
> one should I pick and why?

egads... i'd just say go to the show and see if
you like 'em first.  you might not like 'em.

i've seen 'em about 3 times now... not including
the first time where i just went to see OtR open,
and then i scooted off... personally, i find them
kinda boring.  they don't grab me like OtR does.

of any of their stuff, their newest sounds kinda
good (Open, or something like that).  i heard a
few tunes in a listening station at borders music
and books.  it's got karin and linford guesting
on it, so if i were to EVER get a CJ CD, that
would probably be the one.  however, i still
don't feel that much of a need to... but that's
just me.  many people are different.

see inside for details,
Dan

np: radiohead - amnesiac