Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #674

Jitterbug Perfume was always my favourite - until Fierce Invalids.  I
thought that was absolutely stunning!  The character of Switters is
extremely entertaining, as are almost all the adjunct characters.  Frog
Pyjamas was fun but not as good as some of the others.

I've decided that what makes Robbins so wonderful is his love of James
Joyce.  The Wake features heavily in Fierce Invalids and there's that
wonderful story in Still Life of the Buddhists using it as a blueprint for a
Christian funeral.  Boy I'd like a funeral like that!

'Wherever Jesus went there was a revolution;
wherever I go people serve tea"
                           (Anthony de Mello)