Readings...

 > That said, what have people been reading? (Trying to
 > do my part to change the
 > topic)  I just started The Hobbit.

 I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring for the first
 time.  I too am not a fan of fantasy, but this book is
 wonderful.  I'm anxious to finish it so I can start
 the new John Irving book - 'The Fourth Hand'.

What!?  How can you read The Fellowship of the Ring and not go on to finish
the series.  I mean we're not talking about a bunch of Rob Jordan or Ann
McCafferty books where there is some denoument at the end.  This is a cliff
hanger.  Please finish The Lord of the Rings!  I beg you.

  Other books I've read recently that are quite
 remarkable are "A Confederacy of Dunces" and "A
 Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius".

"AHWOSG" is a great book.  I just spent the entire day Tuesday reading "Sex,
Economy, Freedom, and Community" by Wendell Berry.  Great series of Essays
plus a very new look at the tobacco debate.  Speaking of homosexuals and
reading, I have been devouring David Sedaris' books.  Love them to death.

Steve