Re: How about a change in topic?

Currently catching up on some old Tom Robbins titles I'd missed along the
way.  Just started Still Life with Woodpecker.

Tom Robbins and Tom Pynchon, I have to say, are the only American authors I
really rate.  There seems to be a sort of lethargy about contemporary
American fiction frm which little seems to emerge.  Robbins and Pynchon are
a breathe of fresh air that blows right across the rest and almost raises
them alongside the best of the Europeans.

Just finished The Crying of Lot 49, which I first read centuries ago, a
little gem of a novel!
'Wherever Jesus went there was a revolution;
wherever I go people serve tea"
                           (Anthony de Mello)