Re: A friend has recommended this site

In a message dated 7/25/2001 3:35:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
soberman_69 at hotmail_com writes:

> The Gay Rights Movement needs to convince
>  people of this fact, and then it can be (and is) regarded as the new Civil
>  Rights Movement.  Really, the whole campaign, with media assist, has been
>  executed flawlessly.  I digress.  The point is, a black man can't cast
aside
>  his blackness, nor should he feel the need to, because it really is who he
>  is/in the genes.  However, if homosexuals can, via prayer and vigilance,
>  cast aside their homosexuality, well, the whole parallel begins to
>  deconstruct.

um, that's all well and good, but do you really believe that people who
happen to be gay shouldn't be able to work *normal* jobs for *normal* pay?
it's not about whether or not people can change things about themselves at
that point.  it's about the rest of us loonies who can't see that although we
are all different, we are all the same, and, as long as factors such as lack
of education and lack of responisbility don't come into it, a white man, a
black woman, and a bi-sexual should have the same job making the same money.

i personally don't care if *through prayer and vigillance a homosexual can
change his ways*.  whatever.  let them do what they want to.  as i tell my
three-year-olds when they want to know why alexis is in trouble, "worry about
yourself."

that is all.

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka