Re: homophobia (not really limited to that)

joe said:

> The Greek has many words for love, which is better than our English. The
>  is Eros, which is erotic love or sexual attraction. There is the type of
> love
>  you would have for your parents. There is divine love. There is love of a
>  friend... etc. They all have separate terms... wish I knew them all.

we learned about these in the marriage class at duquesne:

venus love:  based purely on the physical appearance.  will disappear over
time.

eros love:  has more backing than venus love...personality comes into it a
little more.  it is moving towards a friendship type of love.

phillia love:  the love one would have for a friend...the basis of this love
is trust.

agape love:  unconditional love...which is absolutely unattainable for humans.

hth, hand
*hugz and kisses*
jessyka