The Debbil made me do it!

Dang!  I swore I wasn't going to do this!

Anyone who thinks that anyone who tries to "come out"
of anything, but stumbles back into it is somehow
discredited is at best delusional and most likely
hypocritical.  Anyone ever try to change behavior they
knew to be wrong?  It's not just an automatic thing
where you decide to change and then never ever do the
bad thing again.  It's a constant struggle with a lot
of setbacks and defeats.  Sort of 3 steps forward and
2 steps back if you will.  But it is forward
progression.

If someone has been entrenched in a lifestyle over a
period of years, making the same decisions over and
over again, their "journey" out of that lifestyle is
going to be a bumpy road.  No one here would ever say
"you tried to get sober and stay sober but you
obviously you are not supposed to be sober because of
that one time you got upset and took another drink."

How arrogant and hypocritical to not allow others the
same grace you would extend to a recovering alcoholic
or others!

sorry.  It needed to be said.

Kelvin

=====