Re: I need help with a paradox. not a trick question, i do not know the answer

nrg_boy wrote:

> > If you go back a certain number of generations,
> you will start to
> > intersect with certain people.  We're all related,
> if you go back far
> > enough right?

 to which Peter T. Chattaway responded:

> Bingo.  I mean, heck, my grandparents on my mother's
> side (the Mennonite
> side) were third-cousins, and my uncle married *his*
> third-cousin --
> though it's possible that none of these people were
> aware of how closely
> they were related at the time when they got married.

To which I respond:

Bingo, nothing.  Extremely subtle inbreeding is one
thing, and has sustained the species, but the idea
that we all are of the same gene pool ("related") is
either 1) a ridiculously myopic hippie ideal  2) a
reactionary philosophy against the horrific reality of
ethnic cleansing  3) illogical creationism that
attempts to sustain itself by means of its own
assumption.

Peter, what precisely are you talking about?

-ewg