Re: Fwd: A.I. (obviously no OTR)

From: "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>

> > > Not, mind you, that David is really committing suicide, since he knows
> > > he can survive underwater.
> >
> > Seems to me he got pretty effed up when he fell in the pool.
>
> How so?  I don't recall anything happening to him.  He just lies there.

Well, he didn't look happy when he was just lying there. I didn't get the
impression that he could get out if he wanted to.

> > Or was that when he ate the Spinach.
>
> He got pretty effed up then, yes.  But hardly deliberately.

He knew he wasn't supposed to put food in his mouth. I don't understand how
he could be so close to being "human" but couldn't have some sort of
digestive system to make him more similar in that way. Concerned with
wasting food, maybe.