Fwd: "My God. It's full of stars" ( was: re: A.I.)

Sorry, I forgot to send to list.

-- BEGIN included message

<< Well, if I may quote from that EW article again ... oh, heck, here's the
 whole thing: >>

I have a small point to make on the repeated quotation of this EW article.
As much as I tend to agree with it (except I swear there was a Apielberg
interview where he refers to them as aliens), it is NOT the end all and be
all of film criticism least of all of Kubrick or Spielberg criticism.  Use it
liberally as a support to your arguement, but do not pretend that it , in and
of itself, represents a definitive statement about AI.  This is not to say
that anyone was intending to do this, just that this is how it came across.
Thanks.

Steve

-- END included message