re: A.I.

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca> wrote:
> Note, also, how, when David appears for the very first
> time, he is out of focus in such a way that he resembles
> the robots at the end of the film.

And note how in both shots, the subjects are a visual
reference to the aliens in Spielberg's "Close Encounters"
(which I may buy on dvd this afternoon.... just a thought),
a hint, possibly, at how these machines are humanity's
future in much the same way contact with other worlds was
mankind's destiny in the former film.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

"We're all writing everyday with our lives, whether or not we ever pick up a pen." – Linford Detweiler, Over the Rhine