Tribute CD?

Thanks for asking, Amy...

The Tribute CD is moving along. We've had a couple small delays, but the
road ahead of us has recently opened up and is clear for acceleration.

What does that mean, metaphors aside?

It means that the following has been completed:
* Design of CD booklet finalized
* All submissions received
* "Real" text starting to replace "placeholder" text in booklet
* Printer secured for booklet (small story about this -- we've found a
printer who is willing to DONATE printing, services, binding, and etc. for
the project!)
* Preparation of songs for mastering is ongoing (though about 75-80% done
right now today)
* Website designed and implemented for pre-orders (NO YOU CAN'T ORDER YET --
WE'RE NOT READY YET!)
* Order/shipping database designed and implemented

And that we're waiting for the following things to happen:
* Couple more pieces of text need to be written for the booklet
* Need to get the DAT submissions ripped to CD
* Need to prepare about 5 more songs for mastering
* Pricing and ordering the CD jewel cases
* Deciding on track order (what song goes where on what CD)
* The actual mastering
* Designing the printing that will go on the actual CD and getting that done
* Deciding on the final price of the two-CD set
* Paying the royalties

Some of these things are under my control, some under Bruce's, some are
inter-connected.

What I envision happening is this:
* We'll get our end in order -- finish mastering and begin duping the CDs.
* We'll open for pre-orders to collect money so we can...
* ...pay the royalties and...
* ...begin shipping product to our eager customers.

When? I dunno. Ask Bruce. Maybe he knows.  =)

(Just to torment you -- I've been listening to my copy in my car for about
three weeks, and MAN is it good! If you see a fast blue Miata with the top
down, sneak up and listen. You might just hear the Tribute CD!)

---
Andrew Vogel: Manager of Professional Programs at the University of
Cincinnati College of Pharmacy
http://pharmacy.uc.edu                                       (513)-558-3784