Re: revisionism

> Isn't one of those criteria that something be observable?  Evolution
> isn't observable, and hasn't met all the criteria set forth by the
> scientific method.

In this regard, I think evolutionary science is perhaps more like history.
Past events cannot be observed; they can only be reconstructed on the
basis of the evidence that they have left behind.

But evolutionary science *can* predict what sort of evidence you'll find,
from the nearly identical DNA of humans and chimpanzees to the
geographical distribution of fossilized lifeforms.

> BTW, Creationism falls prey to the same thing.  This was my point- both
> sides, creationists and humanists, are proponents of theory as fact.

Why do you assume that creationists can't be humanists?  Please let's not
confuse categories; humanism is a philosophy, not a branch of science.

> >   1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of
> >   facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested
> >   or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about
> >   natural phenomena.
>
> You can't test evolution= theory.

Actually, in some regards, you can.  If it had turned out that humans and
chimps had vastly different DNA (instead of the 98.6% identical DNA that
we do have), for example, that would have falsified the idea that humans
and chimps were very closely related, in evolutionary terms.