Re: cs lewis

> I can't believe I'm reading such hypocrisy from a scientist who so
> blatantly ignores the scientific method.  You must first have a
> hypothesis to first be able to test it and gather "evidence", right?

Not necessarily.  Sometimes you stumble across evidence, and you are
forced to create a hypothesis to account for it.  Scientists believed in
*some* notion of evolution long before Darwin proposed natural selection,
because they saw fossils in layers of rock, and they could see that the
fossils changed -- and perhaps grew more complex -- over time.

All Darwin did was propose a new and significant way of fine-tuning the
hypothesis, and scientists since his day have continued that process.

> As for me, I really don't buy into the whole big bang thing or
> speciation.

But haven't we seen speciation occur, just in the past century?

> Which leads me to my next point, whatever is currently widely accepted
> in science is never safe from criticism.

Exactly.  Which is why the *method* of criticism is all-important.  And
"creation science", by and large, has no method.  It uses whatever methods
work, to get from Evidence A to Conclusion B, and it will switch methods
or use contradictory methods so long as it gets the "right" results.

And that's just not science.