Re: HIStories and HYSTeria

> > No.  We get HIStory and you ladies get HERricane. ;)

All right.  I've heard the former bit more time than I can count, and so -
well - I looked it up.

Etymology of history:  Latin historia, from Greek, inquiry, History,
from histOr, istOr knowing, learned;
akin to eidenai - to know
(wit comes from the same root, interestingly.)

Not to rub anyone's face in it or any such thing, but I've heard that
saying about history being his story for so long that I wanted to know the
truth of it. Kind of like 'son' and 'sun' always being looked at in the
Bible, which tends to annoy me as well.

-Drew

O ^ ^   Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew       )
O(_|_)       Heading back to the Pres House after all these years          X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |