Nothing to do with OtR. BuffStuff. Move along, move along.

I know there were some people interested in this, and since I just found
it, I'm posting it. Then I'm diving back into the Episode Guide and you
won't see me again for centuries. So nyah.

ps: the last segment is the one with the hard numbers about who's paying
what. With _over double_ the budget, I can't wait to see what happens
this year.

BuffyGuide.com -- The Complete Buffy Episode Guide
News Bytes

June 13, 2001

o Season Six Premiere Date -- According to Ain't It Cool News, Season Six
of BtVS will premiere on UPN on October 9th (report here). It has been
oft-reported that the premiere will be a special 2-hour episode.

o Buffy in Syndication -- Cable network FX has been airing commercials
promoting BtVS reruns, which they will air consecutively beginning
September 24th. Expected airtimes: 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. every
weeknight. Local (non-cable) stations will reportedly be able to buy
rights to air reruns on weekends, which is the norm, but I've seen no
solid confirmation of this.

o More Buffy Summer Reruns -- The WB will be adding another dose of BtVS
to their summer schedule, beginning July 24th, on Sundays at 7:00 p.m.
(this is in addition to the airings on Wednesdays at 9:00 p.m.). They're
starting off with "Buffy vs. Dracula," but it is unknown if both slots
will continue to air only Season 5 episodes, or if some older episodes
will be shown.

o UPN has released their Fall schedule, which does indeed place BtVS in
the slot you're used to (you know... Tuesdays, 8:00 p.m.), followed by
fellow WB-transport Roswell. Details here.

May 15, 2001

o The WB has decided to keep Angel, and move it to Mondays at 9:00 p.m.
(with the rather... er... interesting choice of 7th Heaven as a lead-in).
UPN has not released their Fall schedule yet, but is expected to keep
Buffy on Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m., possibly picking up the canceled Roswell
and placing it after BtVS.

o Giles may get a spin-off of his own -- in Britain. Joss is reportedly
in talks with the BBC for six episodes of an hour-long occult-tinged show
centered on Head's Giles character. Reports indicate that Anthony Head
(Giles) would not be leaving Buffy even if the spin-off does go through.
Articles can be found at LATimes.com here

April 25, 2001

o Buffy finally has a home for next season -- on UPN. The network bought
44 episodes (2 seasons), and will reportedly be paying roughly $2.3
million per episode (substantially more than the WB's reported offer of
$1.6 million, and more than twice the current price tag of $1 million),
for a total of $102 million. The deal is strike-protected, meaning that
even if writers and actors go on strike this summer, Fox is obligated to
produce 44 episodes, and UPN is obligated to air them all when available.
UPN also agreed to buy 2 seasons of Angel if the WB cancels it (perhaps
out of retaliation), which would allow the two shows to remain paired.