RE: Rose Polenzani (was OTR/CJ Dates Clarification)

When i saw her here in Portland, I got too into what Goody was playing. I
should like to hear her with a full band though. Some artists are better
suited to playing minimal, and others aren't. I've seen Tara MacLean about
10 times, and i had heard her studio work alot before i ever saw her live.
When she started supporting her first CD, she was just playing with her
husband Bill Bell (who has a similar style to Goody, in terms of texture)
and i got distracted by Bill's amazing guitar work. Now she plays with a
drummer/percussionist (should have been me, dangit!) and it fills the sound
out alot. Bill plays mostly, and Tara just sings, dances and sways her hips
(even more distracting!). Not that Rose should start doing the tush boogie
on stage or anything, but i think in a different context, her performance
would have caught my ear more, i guess. I think i'd like to hear her CD
though. I rather like her website and anymore, i think an artist taking
personal time to interact with their users via the web is amazing. I think
it's really cool, even if the website is not really made by them, at least
it gives the impression that it's in first person. Chantal Kreviazuk used to
regularly call a voicemail line from the road when she was on tour, and talk
about the tour, the town she was in, and sometimes what political or social
issues that she was thinking about. She webmaster would then make RealAudio
clips of them and post them on her site. Very Cool! Wouldn't that be cool,
if L&K carried around one of those little voice recorders and just started
recording their thoughts, unedited, and then posted mp3's of them on the
site? Of course, that's a little more bare-all than writing poetry and
posting it.

::chris::