Re: minority( Re: Re: Re: Luxury (no OtR) )

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> A group of friends and I were watching the 1985 American Music Awards.
> Michael Jackson, Astrid Plane, ReRe Jackson, Clarence Clemons.... And
> then a raft of videos afterwards. We agreed there was a sense of style
> in the 80s-- whether you loved it or it made you want to projectile
> vomit. I miss it. Sigh. I don't think there's that much just plain
> STYLE around any more.

hm, in some ways, yes. i tend to prefer eastern clothing for dressing
up.  there's color and embroiderie and loose pants with tunics (: way
comfortable. wore one to a wedding the other day - helped a lot since i
was supposed to help set things up for helping my bf phtograph stuff.

guys have it easy. suits are pants and shirts. jeans and shirts are
somewhat the same. traditiona western dressup for women.

skirt/pant suit. nylons (ack!) jewelry. make-up (shudder). a purse. and...
high heeled shoes. there's not a place on earth i coudl imagine wanting to
wear high heeled shoes to. or shoes for that matter (: poor mom. she wants
me to look nice. it was apretty consistent battle growing up - one i
ususally lost.

> WENCH! A friend of mine is also going with the band he manages, The
> Cruxshadows. He's trying to figure out hwo to say, "Yes, they're real,
> yes, they're sharp, no, you can't touch them" in German. That, and "Not
> unless you've had a blood test recently."

cool (: and yes, wench. me. on a ticket for $650, i don't care. it's going
to be fun! i will eat many kinder eggs, or at least give them away to
someone.

rhys

--
Anything that happens happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something
else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening,