minority( Re: Re: Re: Luxury (no OtR) )

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> Snarf! No, that wasn't the minority to which I was referring. But
> being a minority-- black, gay, deaf, Jewish, disabled, whatever (and
> no, I'm not all of the above!)-- isn't always a wonderful or romantic
> thing. There are a lot of problems associated with it, here
> especially. Try being black in the South, still. Or gay, for that
> matter. Or deaf almost anywhere.

or mexican. or worse yet - be a halfing, it gets you into all kinds of
trouble.  yes, i know. it's not something i rest on much, but i know about
that. i've had people who won't be date me because i'm half. and people
tellme about how my parents should not have married. etc.

it can do interesting things to your self-image if you let it. and even if
you don't, it still affects you. sometimes i'd rather live in the south,
because it's more blatant. oteher times, i enjoy this bland midwestern
subtley that means i can ignore it sometimes. nobody i can think of wants
to crusade forever.

> As for the norm's wardrobe, I'm with ya. I'm going tonight to have
> some gothy portraits taken so I can start selling my corsets online.
> What the world needs now is more corsets!

m.... i can't see me wearing one of those, they sound neat, but even if
there were just more color/patterns in clothing. calcutta shirts - that's
the way to go (:

> PS:
>
> Yeah. I think I may have overreacted, too.

eh, it happens.

i'm going to EUROPE. in two days. only two days. (:

i'm having alittle trouble concentrating.

rhys

--
Anything that happens happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something
else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening,