Fwd: MapQuest: Pittsburgh - Entertainment - Hartwood Acres

Okay, this indicates the show will be free?  It is located about one hour
from my Bethel Park abode.  YAY!!  Still, I'm tense...PLEASE ALMIGHTY GOD
DON'T TELL ME OTR IS NOT JOINING THE JUNKIES ON THIS TOUR UNTIL THE VERY
NEXT DAY IN HARRISBURG!!

Karin did say, you'll recall Joe and Jessyka, that they would be back in
Pittsburgh in the fall.  Hum...  Did she mean as a full band?  Did she
forget about this tour?  Had the details not been finalized yet?  Am I glad
I'm not an alcoholic right now?

http://mapquest.digitalcity.com/pittsburgh/entertainment/venue.dci?vid=31512

Who's up for what is sure to be the greatest concert, with or without OtR?
"Open" is a masterpiece.
Title: MapQuest: Pittsburgh - Entertainment - Hartwood Acres

Home | Help
CITY GUIDE YELLOW & WHITE PAGES TRAFFIC ROAD TRIP PLANNER DRIVING DIRECTIONS MAPS MY MAPQUEST
MapQuest : City Guide

Pittsburgh  Change City
Search Pittsburgh:

Entertainment
Arts & Culture
Bars & Clubs
Dining
Kids & Family
Live Music
Movies
Sports & Rec
Entertainment

Details about:
Hartwood Acres
Recreation/Park

Hours
• Park Dawn til Dusk, Tours/Office W-S 10AM-3PM S 12PM til 4PM

Price Info
• Fee for picnic grove rentals,certain recreational activities, tours and events

Parking
• On-site,free
Official Website

Bars & Clubs
Restaurants
Museums
Attractions
Parks
Arenas & Stadiums

Entertainment

Hartwood Acres
Beautiful mansion and estate.

Average User Rating:

Like the Pittsburgh parks such as Mellon and King Estate, Hartwood Acres consists of a mansion and land donated by a wealthy family, but Hartwood has been designated as an Allegheny County Park and is located just north of the city in an upper-class suburb. Tours of the beautiful gardens, in full bloom during the summer, and the expansive mansion are available, as are hayrides for the children. The park also contains a theater which has played host to many seasons of top-notch performances, including the Smoky City Folk Festival, national country and jazz acts, classical ensembles such as the Symphony and the Mendelssohn Choir, and even the occasional local rock band. It's one of the best places to bring the family, spread out the contents of a picnic basket, and relax to the wonderful sounds, all for free.

- Manny Theiner

Location:
215 Saxonburg Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
412-767-9200
 Map

 Upcoming Schedule
6/10   George Clinton and Parliament/Funkadelic
Funk's real top dog.
Time: 7:30pm; Cost: Free
6/16   Dave Holland Quintet
Time: 7:30pm; Cost: Free
6/17   Ronnie Milsap
Classical master's heart lies in country music.
Time: 7:30pm; Cost: Free
6/24   Cowboy Junkies
A melancholic melange of country, blues and rock
Time: 7:30pm; Cost: Free
7/1   AT&T Pittsburgh Symphony Concert in the Parks
Time: 8:15pm; Cost: Free
7/1   Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Time: 7:30pm; Cost: Free
7/8   Coco Montoya
Blues great will show what he's got.
Time: 7:30pm; Cost: Free

 Click here for complete schedule

 User Reviews
Average User Rating:
Been to this place before? Give your rating & review below.

Please report improper postings using our Community Watch reporting tool.

Posts 1 thru 3 of 3... Previous | Next

From Mpm27j 5 Stars
on Monday December 25, 2000 at 01:24 AM:

From BOO-BOO 0 Stars
on Tuesday July 04, 2000 at 12:21 AM:
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH ZEKE . TO MANY YUPPIES THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO ENJOY LIFE.

From zeke 0 Stars
on Friday March 10, 2000 at 12:35 AM:
this place sux. to many stuck up yuppies who think their better than everybody else.They are the real losers.That don't know how to enjoy life!

Please report improper postings using our Community Watch reporting tool.

Post your rating & review! Log in with your AOL screen name or AOL Instant Messenger screen name -- it's easy and FREE! Log in now

Send this page to a friend
Your friend's e-mail:
Your name:
Your message:

Pittsburgh Advertisers

Send a gift that shows you care: The Healthy Basket!

Main | Entertainment | Shopping & Services | Chat & Personals | Local Experts | News & Sports | Visitor's Guide | Other Cities
Site Index | Help | About Us | Feedback

Site Index  |  Partners  |  Business Profiles & Sales Leads  |  What's New  |  Help Center
Business Services  |  Advertising  |  Mobile MapQuest  |  Corporate  |  MapStore

Privacy Policy  & Terms and Conditions
©1999-2001 MapQuest.com, Inc. All rights reserved.