So much for that.

Well, so much for my hypotheses. This is from TV Guide Online, via
www.aintitcoolnews.com, a veritable font of info on Buffy, Angel, and all
other manner of TV brain candy. The interviewee is, of course, Joss
Whedon.

TVGO: Given that Buffy's death factored into Angel's finale, won't you
have to kick off the season with some type of WB/UPN crossover?

No, I really won't. And I'm not entirely sure that either network would
want to. Not that Angel won't be dealing with the idea of Buffy's death
and her rebirth, but the fact is, he's on his own now. He's at the big
scary network by himself and he's going to have other very pressing
matters to deal with.

TVGO: So you won't pick up Angel next fall where the season finale left
off?

No. Like we usually do, it will be a few months later.

TVGO: Do you know the date of Buffy's two-hour premiere?

I don't know the date. I believe we're looking at early October, but
nothing's been set.