Comics Lit-was buffy/angel fans redux

>From: Ysobelle at aol_com
>
>On 6/7/01 9:42 PM, quoth the brilliant soberman_69 at hotmail_com at
>soberman_69 at hotmail_com:
>
> >Yeah, me too. Did ya check out the comic?
>
>No, unfortunately; which reminds me, I'm overdue for another issue of
>Gloomcookie. Ever read that one? It's hysterical. Or it would be if I
>didn't know half the kids in it. Or at least dance with them on a
>Wednesday.

The only alternative, small press comics I currently read are: "Berlin" by
Jason Lutes, "Optic Nerve" by Adrian Tomine, "The Atomics" by Mike and Laura
Allred, "Stay Bullets" and "Murder Me Dead" by Dave Lapham, and whatever
Andi Watson is doing at the moment.  Sorry, no goth books. Only goth book I
know is "Squee!"  Oh wait, "Hellboy" is popular with goths, and I love it!
I also read lots of Japanese manga, some of which is quite horrific.

Did you ever read "Ghost World" by Daniel Clownes?  "Yummy Fur" by Chester
Brown?  You'll hate me for saying his Ysoie but those characters were so
uncomfortably real, they reminded me of your comments above.  These people
were in so much sin and the resultant misery that they were practically
screaming from the page of the need we all have for he Lord.  (I refrained
from saying Jesus for you dear.)  I loved these stories, and you would too.
"Ghost World" is being made into an independent film.

IGN.com - the sci-fi section reviews "Fray" and has an interview with Joss
"the man" Whedon.  Check it!

>Yeah, but now there's the issue of actors under contract to a show on
>another network. I have some feeling there's something prohibitive there.
>I knwo they can do promo things like talk shows, but a whole other show?
>Hm.

I think there have been cross-network appearances before, but only the old
"Circs of Stars" and "Battle of the Network Stars" come to mind.  Then
there's talk show appearences...not a great example.  Still, it would be
akin to guest musicians on each other's cross-label records, no?

Not 'ur typical catholic,

Matt, who is not your typical anything