Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #604

In a message dated 6/5/2001 4:46:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
wereyouawareth at chlamydia-is-not-a-flower_com writes:

>As a matter of clarification, it's is NITROGEN
>oxide that pollutes the air. This comes from
>industrial plants, particularly coal-fired power
>plants, and vehicles.

the chemical name of NO2 or NO3 in its ion or acid rain forming component
would be nitrite or nitrate, but in conventional naming of chemical
compounds NO2 or NO3 are called nitrous oxides, not nitrogen oxides which
might be some environmental term, but does not fit any chemistry naming
conventions, as far as i know.  Don't banty chemistry terms with me, bitch.

OOOO, Noice,  I knew some chemist would counter that remark; thanks

Mike