Re: talkin' about jesus ...

--- Absalom Recordings <lists at absalomrecordings_com>
wrote:

> You know ... I'm a Christian and I erase almost
> every OTR digest I
> get without reading them because there's next to no
> OTR content
> in them.

That's the way it's supposed to work.  If you don't
want to read it, erase it.  Don't bellyache about it.

> Why not talk about Jesus here?  Because this is a
> discussion
> forum specifically for Over the Rhine with hundreds
> of people
> signed up who want to hear / talk about Over the
> Rhine and who
> really don't care to listen to much else.

Obviously most of them do care to listen to much else.
 There are a lot of people here talking about a lot of
different stuff, less than half of which is about OtR.
 I don't think you speak for the majority, but thanks
for offering.

> continually post off
> topic, as these coversations are, is just plain
> rude.  Especially
> considering most of the talking happens between only
> a couple
> interested parties ... it's really not that hard to
> take things off list.

First of all, if you'll look back you'll see this
whole "Jesus" discussion, and others like it, have
many contributors - not just "a couple of interested
parties".
Secondly, why doesn't anyone have the gonads to say
what's really bothering them about this discussion?
As I said earlier, most of the discussions on this
forum have nothing to do with OtR.  No one complains
if that discussion is about film or Radiohead or
poetry or whatever.  It's just this discussion (which
really isn't about Jesus per se as much as it is about
judgmentalism and what the Bible says about it) that
has you and others so riled up wanting to protect us
all from inappropriate subject matter.  If you have a
problem with this topic, bring it up and see if there
is any validity to it.  Otherwise, these false attacks
on inappropriate topics are bogus.

Let's talk about Dr. Seuss

Kelvin

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats